GET Big Bore

the engine that used a ton of oil sounds lie it was bored too large and the ring package didnt have a chance to seal. thats what ive been worried about possibly trying the big bore on this baby cylinder because its SOOO small.

Yeah definitely an issue with the sealing. Both the ones i built do burn a little oil, but a very little bit. I think sending them to us chrome for the bore job was a good move. They have done quite a few at this point, and locally people said they could “maybe do it” but that is was to small for their normal equipment.
Currently for the power i think the bore was totally worth it and i only have added a splash of oil in 400 miles.

Just got an email back from race farm and they are taking pre orders on kits now! Ordered one as soon as I got the email. This winter I’ll send it out. Besides the lighten flywheel anything else I should look into getting well it is torn apart?

1 Like

I saw that! im happy to see the kits are being made more often. I honestly would use whatever you have working well for you, then mod from there. I ended up using stock carb, and lowering the jets a bit because its puling in more air. The cdi exhaust and piston have been an awesome low maintenance combo. My buddy with the same exact mods and i consistently go 45 and hit mid 50s both of us weighing in at 230ish. The only thing i can suggest is using the dr40 brake in oil. You let it heat up to full temp 2 times. and fully cool down then put more in. go 300 miles ish. then you can switch to synthetic. it seams to have done a great job of sealing it all up for minimal oil consumption.

Us chrome is going to be where I send the case to have it bored but where did you guys send the head to, to have it ported?

1 Like

I actually just used the stock head. I should likely port it but its running very well with out any head mods.
I actually had to jet down from 78 to 74 I believe it was, because the piston is pulling in more air fuel as it is. So it seams to be getting enough. Until it explodes lol