How to shorten stock blinkers

HOW TO SHORTEN STOCK BLINKERS

Credit for this goes to peacock88. It is a cut and paste of the original TR post in order to try and retain the old technical content. If anyone knows peacock88, tell this Rucker to come and claim their post!

Hello! I have asked earlier about shortening the stock blinkers/indicators. So I did it today to mine. I thought I´d post a how to here.

1 First get the original arm you want to shorten. I chose to shorten the rear arms as they are the longest on my zoomer.

2 Cut to desired length. Consider that the arm will seat inside the blinker/indicator housing by 2mm.

Chamfer edges of the arm so that it will seat nicely inside the housing.

3 Get two short(20mm) pieces of round bar the same diameter as the original mounting inside the housing. I used 12mm

4 Drill appropriate sized hole so you get wires and connectors through, just like the stock part. I drilled a 6mm hole

5 Then drill a hole in the rubber of the arm. So it has a tight fit on the 12mm round bar. I don´t have a pic of this.

6 Take the round bar and hold it in a vice. Make two cuts like you see on the stock parts. This cut will hold the retaining clip inside the housing. I used a ordinary hacksaw for this. Easy to control how deep the cut will be.

7 Apply epoxy on the round bar and inside the arm hole. Put both the arm and round bar in the vice and press them together. Be sure to align the cuts 90 degrees of the moulding egde on the arm to get a nice result.

8 Before letting the epoxy set make sure to check that the cuts inside the housing is almost flush with the wall. The retaining clip should be tight against the housing to get it to seat properly.

If the cuts on the round bar are to thin. As they are the width of the blade on the hack saw. You can either enlarge them with a dremel cutting wheel or thin the retaining clips.

Finished result:

Hope this will help someone.