oldfart55 @65

I had a 130+ page build thread on the old site. I’ll try to catch up with a paragraph. Still got the same old ruck. 08 stock bore GET, ported/polished/milled head. PC20 carb, Polini exhaust, lightened flywheel, NCY CDI. So many drivetrain mods I can’t even keep track. A weird Kitaco 5-1/4" stretch. HT Moto seat cover and Hoodrich tank cover, both of which are incredibly good quality. Almost all other cosmetic mods are DIY, no big $$ stuff. Does an honest 44-45 (GPS), level road no wind, untucked.

3 Likes

Welcome back!

1 Like

OF – hello!
I’m still in mourning about having lost the old TR site. The WayBack machine didn’t save all of the pages, so …

Good to see a name from the old site!

1 Like

I like the front pegs solution.

Yeah, the old TR disappeared so sudden, I still have PTSD. I was thrilled to find the WayBack Machine, until I realized it mainly just had the first page or two of a thread. I really hated losing all the photos.

Good to hear from you, hope you’re well!

Thanks! They’re comfy and plenty sturdy.

Just a couple of close-ups of my footpeg setup. 3/4" square aluminum tube, and risers cut from 1/4" aluminum.

1 Like

If that’s square aluminum tube, er, what’s actually in that coffee mug??!!! :laughing:

Sorry, the contents of the cup cannot be disclosed on a public forum.

I like that these pegs aren’t drilled through the frame like the shop bought ones, and that they are fixed down through the tank / floorboard bolts.

1 Like

Good too see u r back OF

1 Like

So, the old ‘08 GET finally gave up the ghost. Found a good deal on a low-mileage 2016 and swapped it in. It wouldn’t handle the PZ20 off the old motor (it had some head work done to it). Went to a PZ16 with 38/78 jets and it’s running great! Feels good to be Ruckin’ around again.