Reveno clutch?

This question is for those that have the Reveno clutch.

How long do the friction pads last? When searching the internet the Vespa guys say that the pads just don’t last (like pads need to be changed twice as often as oil).
I was really wondering if this is also the case with the GET and the GY6.

1 Like

Talk to Matt. He is the only one that I know has one.

Matt would be the guy to speak to! I as well read he has the rev 2 out. The reason is because of the plates wearing out on the rev 1. It is an issue, I as well was told that on the GET the clutch is not as good as stock unless you have internal work done. BBK. On the GY6 I have read lots of review and those that have them love them. When Matt 1st became a dealer for them I wanted one bad. I held out and am glad I did for now. Hope this helps some.

Yep, I have already talked with Matt.
I’m hoping to get some real world experience from owners, not just from the guy that sales them.

1 Like

There is a video on youtube. Some comments from other owners as well. Matt is a pretty straight up guy. He has been honest with me. He did not try to up sale me on the clutch. Infarct he is the reason I did not buy it. LOL

1 Like

All the Vespa guys say the friction pads wear-out way too fast. The one GY6 232cc dude I talked to said the pads only lasted just under 1000 miles. Not sure I want to be replacing the pads that often, but that is only one person. I was looking to get a better picture from the average experience of more users.

Someday I will pull the trigger and buy one from Matt and will do a review, as I will easily put a 1000 miles on the Ruck within just 2 months.

1 Like

here are pics of my Reveno 2.0 clutch setup for GY6 which i bought from Matt (only the reveno, not the secondary sliding shaft). i bought it about 3 months ago and i still havent used it yet, due to building my ruckus from scratch, but its about to be started and driven for the first time prob this week so ill report back on how well it really “grabs”. what i think is going to be interesting about my particular reveno 2.0 setup is the beautifully oversized cnc alum. SSS im using. it sure makes the entire setup pretty to look at, but we’ll see how it actually performs. for being apart of a total CVT transmission kit costing me $900, it better perform fkn amazingly or ill be pretty pissed off

2 Likes

Sweet, I can’t wait to hear how long the pads last. And if there are and different technique for tuning.

The 2.0 has different pads. That is the upgrade on the 2.0. Ronk you are 100% right the pads wear fast. So Matt contact Reveno and they came up with a solution, from my understanding.

1 Like

sorry for the late question but what was the response from matt regarding the life of pads? i have yet to ride my ruckus yet so i dont even know what my reveno is like . but im just curious if theres something better out there for my clutch that i should buy.