Stretched Mono shock zuma build.

Peace to all the people showing love for zuma’s out there.
A few years ago a buddy of mine bought an 09 zuma for $900 with 700 miles! a ridiculously good buy. It already had a yoshi on it too.
I truthfully never paid any attention to the zuma other than the race builds but he dropped it off as said ill buy whatever just make it look sweet.
This is how it look upon drop off.

I feel stock they are pretty terrible looking, but after poking around the internet and seeing some kick ass transformations and talking to some builders I was pumped to get the build underway.

This is it before first ride.

Luckily i scored the drow under cowl, and zubiku tail which totally makes the bike.
There were a few things i never got to dial in like the massive gauge cluster up top and the front headlights but he was pumped and we are all just happy to roll around together. Some parts took 3 months to wait on.

Last summer we hardly rode together and i guess he didn’t ride it more than a few miles, had to store it outside and i ended up buying the bike off him for a super solid cost.
This is how it sits now after rebuilding it in winter.

Im hoping to change the header, and i’m waiting on the front headlight cover but im pretty happy with it. It’s a blast to ride too.

9 Likes

such a beautiful zuma 125 build. very nice shock set up and custom seat!!!

1 Like

Thank you!

Holy EFF GUNDAM MAN! Was it powder coated? or wrapped?

1 Like

haha, super Gundamish! It’s all battleship grey 3m Wrap. Hoping to paint it this winter if i keep it.

1 Like

The face shield finally came in! I wrapped it and it doesn’t stick to well but it will work for now! I definitely like the look with the shield despite high beam pretty much not existing.

3 Likes

Holy shit this is incredible!

1 Like

What caused the shield to not stick well?

The one I ended up with is some kind of fux carbon fiber. Almost a fake print then some epoxy over it. I think it just needs to be sanded first.

1 Like

that look sweet!

1 Like

Thank you!

This is just a photoshop of the bike from end of summer.
I got tangled up in some gravel and dumped it shortly after, I’m still paying for it with my wrist but but the foot peg saved everything except the one rear plastic. So motivation to finally paint!
I’m hoping to do a kind of two tone like this, maybe powder the wheels copper or something loud.
Id love to hear any ones color ideas. Hope everyone is enjoying winter.

2 Likes

That looks sick! Maybe a blood red for the wheels or dark crimson to match the seat would be killer!!

2 Likes

totally! I like that!

1 Like

@Tortoiseandthehare Love the build! question for you since I’m turning up empty on finding information on these kinds of builds. What stretch kit are you running? What rear wheel dimensions are you running. I’m considering building one but I currently have a set of Dorbyworks 13"X8" gy6 wheels that I would like to repurpose and run if possible on a Zuma 125. Any and all assistance/knowledge would be greatly appreciated.